Swiped from shorty36.
- What's the story behind your LiveJournal username?
Heh. Ok, so, when I moved to Virginia, I would make Gizmo noises, or speak in a Gizmo voice (from the movie Gremlins, you remember Gremlins, don't you?)(and no, I wouldn't do it all the time). Also, I am somewhat ... accident prone. JD Falk was working as a NOC Supervisor at Erol's at the time, and he was bored one night, and newgrouping alt groups. He decided I needed one. He came up with alt.fan.broken-gizmo. Since then, I've used the nickname in various places.
- So, what'd you do today?
... It's 8:49 AM. You want a list? Heh. I woke up, showered, dressed, got laundry out of the dryer and folded it, put another load in the washer, made a pot of coffee, gathered my library books that I need to return, gathered the various snacky things I had bought to stash in my office at work, transferred the laundry to the dryer, drank the coffee, and did some cross-stitch. Stopped at Starbucks on the way to work with fuzzichi, and have been in the office since 8.
- What's the longest time you've stayed out of the country, and where?
Hrm. Well, I was born out of the country (assuming you mean "The United States" by "the country"). But, the longest stint was from 1983-1987, during which time I lived in Kuwait and Japan, and visited a couple of other places.
- One thing you're grateful for, today:
- What is your favorite high school memory?
Oh, gah. High school. Um. Erm. Probably the night of our friend Sam's junior prom. I was dating arioch at the time, and he was her date (they went as friends, it was all ok, etc). Heather, Sean, and I hung around, waiting for arioch to get back, and then we all went and watched the sunrise.
There are other probably other things that would be a better match, but that was 10 bleeping years ago, man.
- What is your worst high school memory?
My senior year, running track. Started the 400-meter hurdles. I realized that I had misstepped, and that if I kicked my leg out into the proper position to go over the hurdle, I would kick the underside of the hurdle, which would not feel good. Tried to stop. Failed. Ran into the hurdle, which tipped over, and caught the hurdle legs in my stomach. Ow. Oh, yeah, and it was caught on video.
- Describe your dream wedding:
A very small group of friends, on the ocean in Hawaii. Casual dress, non-religious ceremony.
- Read any good books lately?
I am rereading Monstrous Regiment by Terry Prachett, of which I received an ARC from timquestionmark (thank you!). Great book.
- Does size matter?
Context, please? I would hate to wear shoes that are too small, or be in an airline seat.
- Is 15 minutes enough?
Yes. No. Perhaps?
- Worst fashion trend:
Whoever designs plus-sized clothing at mainstream clothing stores. Just because people are large does not mean that they want to wear Bold Geometric Patterns cut out of the Worst Polyester Ever. Or orange camoflauge. Really. I promise.
- The school picture you buried in your bottom drawer?
My freshman year in high school, my hair had grown out from the disaster haircut my mother gave me in the 8th grade, and then my mother decided I needed a perm.
She was, I assure you, incorrect.
- Do you have any weird fetishes?
- What is the one thing you will never understand about the opposite sex?
The inability to understand that some things can't be fixed, but can still be helped.
- Who is your best friend?
Oh. Goodness. I don't know that I actually have a "best" friend. I have a decent-sized circle of friends, a smaller circle of close friends, and a half-dozen people with whom I would trust anything. But one doesn't stand out any more than the others. Much.
- Who is your boyfriend?
Vger. For those of you who worked at Erol's way back in the day, yes, it's the same person.
- Four things you're doing right now:
- Typing on the computer.
- Listening to fuzzichi's (currently) bleepy music.
- Wondering whether I should go upstairs to the cafeteria and get breakfast.
- Wishing my hands weren't cold.
- Typing on the computer.
- Give yourself a porn star name:
... Um. Erm. I think I shall leave this to my legions of fans.
- Do you have any weird sleeping habits?
I think that, in order to have a habit, one has to do something regularly, no?
- What do you plan to do this summer?
Given the DC area summers, I suspect there will be lots of sweating involved.
- What is your favorite song right now?
Um. Erm. Not something I can really pick. Too much depends on my mood.
- Write a line from any song.
If you choose not to decide / you still have made a choice.
- Do you know at least one Disney song by heart? Which one?
Probably. Hrm. Any of the love ballads from some of the mid-90s Disney movies.
- Your typical sleepwear.
Depends on a combination of time of the year and mood. Shorts and a tank-top, pajama bottoms and a flowy shirt. Nothing at all.
- What's in your wallet?
Driver's license, credit cards, insurance cards, grocery store and other chain store cards, spare care key, a bit of cash. The usual stuff.
- How much money do you have in your wallet right now?
Oddly enough, the same amount as shorty36. $19 even. That could change soon, however, if I decide to actually go upstairs to get breakfast.
- What is your favorite pair of shoes?
Erp. Again, depends on my mood. Panda shoes are good. My tall zippy boots are a favorite. My black and white Fluevogs. I dunno. When you have as many shoes as I have, it's hard to pick.
- If you could've gone to your senior prom in a different outfit, what would it be?
- Do you have naked pictures of ex-girlfriends?
- Does anyone have naked pictures of you?
I do not know if they still exist or if they were tossed. And there are pictures of my breasts on the net, but I don't know if that counts as "naked".
- What's your favorite soda?
Dr. Pepper, Ginger Ale, Mitsuya Cider.
- What are the first five things you would splurge on if you were a billionaire?
- Pay off my debt
- A great trip to Hawaii
- A really neat house
- A new car
- Craft supplies
- Pay off my debt