meri (broken_gizmo) wrote,

Huh? Wha?

Oh, right. Yes, I'm still alive.

I survived the trip to New Jersey and back without any harm, other than that inflicted by going to corporate headquarters. The meeting (which was amusing in its own right) got out at exactly 5:00 PM, which meant that there was no way in hell I was going to start a 300 mile drive south just then. As luck would have it, there is a Barnes and Noble across the street from corporate HQ, and that's always a good way to kill time.

They turned out to have a fairly good Asian-American culture and history section, which is always a huge trap for me. And I found a nifty web development book, which is good. Thus armed, and still finding myself with time to kill, I ventured out into the little mall the B&N was attached to. It was... a mall. 95% of the same stores that you find in any other mall in the US. And all but one of the remaining 5% failed to grab my attention. That one store made up for it, though. Great zany art gallery place. I found a present for a friend with an upcoming birthday, which was cool, since I had mostly given up on that front, and had a wonderful time browsing the rest of the store. I had a nice chat with the proprieter, and by the time I left the store, it was 7, and that was my target time for heading back out, so I did.

On this trip, I once again used the tried and true method of staying awake that I honed on the last trip. That is: play music that I like to sing along to, play it loudly, and sing along, also loudly. This was great fun. (Ok, so I'm easily amused. But I had 200 miles to drive each way and nothing better to do.)

Today has been catchup from being out yesterday day, which occupied large chunks of the day. Then I ran out to mail the aforementioned present and pick up some dinner. After coming home, I was suddenly very bouncy and unable to concentrate on anything. Luckily, Nyarla saved me from this fate by inviting me over for fooding and puppy time, always good things. This also gave me the opportunity to take over that bottle of wine that claimed to be strongly infused with the flavor of lychee. To our great delight, they didn't lie. Definitely one to pick up again (just as soon as Nyarla tells me what it was, since I left the bottle there).

But now I'm home again, and I'm thinking that I'll try to get a few more things done, then go shower (I just redyed my hair on Monday, and I'm trying to wash out all the leaky red parts as much as possible before going up to Massachusetts next week), and go read my book some more before doing my nightly attempt at sleep.

  • craftvent 2016!

    Originally published at $ cd ~meri. You can comment here or there. TL;DR: meri receives a knitting advent calendar in the mail,…

  • [TiML] We have met the enemy.

    Originally published at $ cd ~meri. You can comment here or there. TL;DR: In which I once again discover that I have not, in fact,…

  • “Left to my own devices” == “brain run amok.”

    Originally published at $ cd ~meri. You can comment here or there. “Sure!” says my brain. “The edging you’ve worked out…

  • Post a new comment


    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded